Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Outright Fabrication

    I don't have the typical miniature devil and angel versions of myself standing on my shoulders, complicating my decision-making process.  Instead, my inner dialogue is shared with just one bite-sized doppelganger.  He seems to be my alter-ego as a jaded, accusatory old professor or something.  I can always count on him point out that I don't really know what I'm doing, but sometimes working intuitively is how I work best.

Me: "...Sure, I can do that."

Him: "Why, that's an outright fabrication!  You've never done this before!"

Me: "But it's sure coming along nicely, isn't it?"

Him: "Blast you."

   This blog is intended to serve as a repository of my creative process.  And really, the process is my favorite part;  it's the act of creating itself that really captivates me.  Fabrication may be a bit of a stretch for the types of art, prop, etc. that I make.  However, I'd like to change that fact, and in any event there's a real dearth of available blogger urls, so it'll due.  

cheers

1 comment:

Fern said...

I love it!!

I don't art enough (art being a verb of course) because the last time I remember this clearly happening to me was during our senior project... I was totally winging the entire execution of it.

I'm still irked that you're using blogger.